Friday, January 7, 2011

Life's Peak


Literally I'm at the peak of things right now. It's like a climax, things are going so great right now. Let me explain. 

First of all Christmas. In Phoenix!



SO FUN!! It was nice to be back in a big city again. I just feel myself when I'm in a bigger place, and I don't see people I know every 5 minutes. On our way to Phoenix, it took us 10 hours. Instead of the 7. It rained the whole way there. It was beyond annoying.  I hate the rain more than usual. But once we got to Phoenix, it was great. It was awesome to be with my family. It's very dysfunctional, but I love them. The weather was perfect once I woke up the next morning. Clear skies, and the sun shone for the first time in my eyes for the past 13 days. It was wonderful. I could only stay for 6 days, because I had to get back to work, but it was worth it. 


Once I got back to St George, it was party time! :D And that's exactly what I mean.  Courtney and I went on adventures to find snow, and got stuck in my truck, but pulled through literally. I got a cool ice scraper for my car! And I actually like using it. Haha. We went boot skating, found a frozen river, and slept out in the living room with our mattresses. And many other things. 





We had a New Year's Eve party. It was great. More people than we expected came. There was about 30 people that showed up. Half of them I didn't even know, but it was a blast. We played Charades, and had snacks, and got to know a few people, watched the fireworks! And had some Sparking Apple Cider of course. I had a cute outfit too, at least I thought so. I have been looking for an all sequined dress forever like Sarah Jessica Parker style, and I have failed. But I found a top at target! And I couldnt resist so I bought it. And some rain boots that are blue and white striped of course the two colors I love most together. If you didn't know that



We went skiing! Well I went skiing everyone else I went with was boarding. I biffed it a few times, all for a good cause. I broke some barriers of fear that day. I am getting a little better. I got going super fast sometimes and thought I was going to pee my pants because I got so scared. Haha. But it was the best day to go, we had no clouds, and it was about 30 degrees, perfect. I woke up the next morning and could hardly move. I obviously am out of shape. 

Megan and I got a 1000 piece puzzle, and completed it yesterday! It took us a week to do it! And we finger Painted with Mckay! We found ways to spend our free time because it becomes consumed with school and work. 

Okay now for all the good stuff.



I got a scholarship!! I am so happy! It's not 100% or anything, but it's enough to help. It was for good grades, and I finally got one after a year and a half! 

I don't know if I'm aloud to disclose this information publicly yet, but I will anyway. Abby (Student Body President at Dixie) had an Administrative Assistant, who isnt going to school next semester, and Abby asked me to take her spot. I feel honored really. It's something I'd love to do. I'm basically her assistant. And keep things organized and communicate with people. Gotta love opportunities! I am excited. 

I have had a nasty cough for 2 weeks now, and so I finally went to InstaCare today, and 85 Dollars later I know what's wrong with me and I have medicine for it..Ready.. I have bronchitis. Blah. It just sucks

I AM SO EXCITED FOR SCHOOL!!!!

I am on my way to apply for the education program. I am hoping that I will have everything in by Next friday!!  :D I can't wait. I am nervous though. If I don't get in..well then my life is over haha. Just kidding. I will just be disappointed really. 

EFY! I got my interview Set to be an EFY Counselor with Connie after summer school! So Excited about that! It's next week

I am so excited for this new year. It's been a week, and I'm so happy. Some things to look forward to:
School
Going up north to Ski w/ Connie
Learn to Board with Connie
BYU Idaho (Maybe-just to visit! Don't worry)
SPRING BREAK! NEW YORK WITH CONNIE!
Get my Assosiates Degree
Get into the  ELEM Education Program
Hawaii with Karen and SCUBA
Summer school W/ Connie
EFY Counseling at BYU Provo w/ Connie
That's just a few things. 
Oh Maybe find a Boyfriend in there at some point.. 

Okay now for a little more serious thing I have been thinking about. And for those who heard my testimony on Sunday..well too bad here it is again. 

Something I really have a testimony on is how Heavenly Father loves broken things. We are humbled at our weakest points, and that's when we feel love the most, and allow Him to come into our hearts. That's when the atonement takes over, and we can feel the comfort and love he can give to us all. I just know that when we struggle, and feel abandoned, and like no one else knows what you are going through, the one person that you can count on is the Lord. He wont ever leave us. We leave him. With that being said. Here is my favorite poem of all time. 


Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”

The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.



No comments:

Post a Comment