Thursday, September 30, 2010

I've got friends that do.

I wanted to take time to say that I have been blessed with a few of the greatest friends ever. This week has been a little crazy with family stuff, my nana is in the hospital recovering from knee surgery- she is doing great though, better than the first knee surgery. And I'm just waiting to here about the news for my papa's health. School is crazy lots of studying, but nothing comes easy in this world. 

I've been missing my mom more lately, and wish I could be home just to give her a big hug sometimes for both of our sakes. Homecoming is coming up and with all the stuff for student government that I have to do gets a little stressful at times, and then work. But something that keeps me sane is going to volunteer at the elementary school. Today I helped a little boy memorize the pledge of allegiance, and the star spangled banner. We sang the "fifty nifty United States song" to help him memorize the states. He has this cute hispanic accent that just makes me smile when he read things.

I went and saw Tarzan last night at Tuacahn, and it was awesome!! It was pretty funny too, which exceeded my expectations, the only thing was that the elephant wasn't in it! My favorite part of Tarzan is, "Are you sure this water's sanitary, it looks questionable to me!" But that's okay. Tarzan was..lets just say..he has been blessed with a beautiful body!


But the point I wanted to get at was that last night I had a friend by the name of Alayna Graham text me a sweet little message, that said three words- I Love you. What a comfort it was at that moment I read the text just because things are so crazy right now. And then my friend Tisa Berset from back in Florida who I haven't talked to in a few weeks, and knowing that I had a friend to talk to at that moment couldn't have been more perfectly timed. And last but not least. My roommates.




Connie- The one person who knows how to laugh and keep your spirits up. We seem to be at the same points in our life, just hoping and waiting and wishing, and together we push through our trials, and make it through. I couldn't have prayed for a better roommate.

Courtney- We always seems to get into the best discussions about the gospel, and she doesn't know it, but sometimes what she says is exactly what I need to hear, even though you hear the same things all the time. We are able to share little testimonies to each other without even saying a word, but by action.

Shalissa- Ohh Shalisa. We hope too. lol We all hope. Shalisa just says stuff that can make me laugh. She has a way with being such a goofball and not even caring. A pure daughter of God is exactly what Shalisa is. I love her for that.

There's one place I go to that's about 4 blocks from my apartment. The temple. I find myself driving over there on a regular occasion to find peace, and serenity. I don't know of any other place where I can find such relief, and can forget what's buggin me and worrying me then the temple ground. I just KNOW that one day I will be sealed for time and all eternity at some point in this life. Since I was a little girl my favorite primary song is, "I love to see the Temple" every time I hear it I get the chills. I see couples walking around together holding hands, and it gives me hope that maybe some day I can do that with someone too.

Homecoming week is next week! I'm so excited! It's going to be awesome! I love how my school is full of tradition! It makes everything that much more memorable, and fun!

Oh, and our flag football team finished...a losing season but it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment