Monday, June 6, 2011

Back to the Red

After slacking yet again, I'm back to Utah. 21 days gone and I think I caught up to my tan, and spent time with my favorite girls back home, went kayaking with my mom, and did lots of fun stuff while I was home.  Needless to say, I'm glad to be back and in my productive, proactive, busy self again. 

But first things first, the day I flew into Vegas, I sat next to a guy who had never seen mountains before! So he was beyond fascinated by them, and kinda gave me a reality check on yet again having the best of both worlds. Beach in florida, and then mountains here in Utah. He was quite the talker, made a friend though! lol Once I got to Vegas, I saw Steven! :) Did I mention he's growing a beard? He has to for the Palmyra Pageant in New York that he is going to be in with his sister in July. Anyway, anticipated getting my bags off the vault, everyone knows that's the worst feeling not knowing if your bags made it or not, but they did thankfully.  We got back to his car, and he had flowers for me :) We went to The Venetian and walked around for a little back, and then headed back to St. George. Where we got about 10 minutes from home, and we got pulled over because of a headlight that's out. But it was good to get back that's for sure. 

Spend the weekend up in Springdale and went to church up there which is always fun for me. We made cakebites! Which ended up turning out better than I thought they would. Then we went on a motorcycle trip to  Leman Caves, Nevada with Steven's parents. Which was really neat. Oh and freezing! I was wearing a long sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt, a windbreaker, and my North Face ski jacket. And it was almost June. On the way back is when the funny part comes in to play. I fell asleep on the back of the motorcycle, and didn't wake up. Apparently I was at a 90 degree angle. It's not wonder that my neck hurt afterwards. Steven had to hold on to me--for my life, and his life's sakes. But I woke up eventually.

School started last Tuesday, and it's not so bad after all. I actually like my math class. I say that now, and may change my mind next week. And I love my tennis class. I made a friend, and her name is June and she's from China! Her english is pretty good, and she's actually good at tennis which makes me look awful! lol But I bet by the end we will be going to the pros!

Thursday night Steven and I were suppose to go to see The Little Mermaid, but it got cancelled due to technical difficulties, so instead, we went mini golfing and we are both not so good at it, so it was hilarious! I almost peed my pants. Then we went to Pasta Factory for dinner. I miss the food, but that's about it. Friday we went and hiked Angels Landing again! According to Steven he'd say that I was power walking it up to the top. Which I kinda was bookin it up there, but I wanted us to get back to dinner to eat with the Sister missionaries, and when someone says I doubt you can do it, just makes me want to do it that much faster! So we did make it back just in time for dinner. But while we were hiking, we ran into Sister Allred, who is the First Councilor in the General Relief Society of the church. She's from El Salvador, and I heard her accent and mentioned to Steven that it had to be her, and he was like "No it's not! It can't be!" yadda yadda. Well on our way back down from the top, we saw her and her husband resting under the tree and Steven said Hi, and I asked where they were from, and then I asked if it was here and it was!! Baam! Then we saw a guy who was hiking in flip flops! Crazy person! And then two lizards crazy fighting. Like biting each others heads! Overall it was a good hike up and back, but I think I'm good now. I don't want to go through that again any time soon. 

Sunday I got to go to my new ward, and it was a million times better than I thought it was going to be! I met a guy who served in the Tampa, Florida Mission! Knew a few of the Elders that I knew there! So that was pretty cool, and it seems as though everyone is united. Which is something I was worried about.  But no need to fret! It's all good!  Afterwards I went over to Toquerville, and my grandparents and I were invited over to the Young's (more of Steven's family) for dinner. Everyone was in town for a baby blessing. So we enjoyed a nice dutch over dinner over there, and then went back up to Springdale. Oh! Funny story! There a was a biker (road bike) who lost his hearing aid device, and needed a way back to Hurricane which is about 20 minutes away from Springdale. So Steven and I were his chaufer's to get to Hurricane, and we got his whole life story, and all about his latest travels! It was fun! I love getting to know new people, especially the old ones because they always seem to give the best advice. After that we went to a park until I got cold. 

Great weekend! I am counting my blessings that's for sure. It all goes back to the little things that count, and when you look back they become to the big things. I love my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment