Monday, June 13, 2011

School. Work & Play


So the last post I mentioned that I would be totally cool with NEVER hiking Angels Landing again right? Okay so Steven's best friend Tommy texted him and was like, "Hey I've got a date to hike Angels Landing do you and Gabbi want to come?" So of course I say yes, one because it's a double date, two because it's a hike outside, and three why not hike angels landing twice in one week? So we did it, and it was fun. Took us longer than we both expected, but it was fun. We even got to see two Owls! I've never seen an owl in the wild before. I'm not going to lie though, one of them wasn't that cute.


Work is going really well. I love my job. I couldn't have a more fun, easier, flexible job if I made it up myself. The girls are getting used to me. It's the little things like holding hands when we cross the street, saying please and thank you's that is a struggle for them to get used to. But the girls are starting to catch on. Every time I go out there, I get super close to running over either a stupid roadrunner, or a rabbit. Stupid animals. Kamy (the 3 yr old) wants to have a sleepover soon, and go

for a ride in my truck. Sometimes we will have one on one days where Grandma will take one, and I'll take the other. I taught the girls a song that my aunt used to sing to me when I would take a bath when I was really little. It's a song from South Pacific called "I'm going to wash that man right outta my hair." And they remember it, and now we sing it every time they take a bath! The one thing that is a struggle for me is getting them to sleep. They have so much energy! My age is starting to show! Needless to say, I love my job.

School is good too. My tennis class is fun. I woke up an hour late last week, because my phone was acting weird, and so my alarm went off an hour later than usual, and so when I got to class I was so confused as to why everyone was already playing. And then it was made known that class had been going for an hour. Silly me. Math is good too, but I'm not going to lie, sometimes I just browse the web like last week it was photographers. Not sure what this week will bring yet, but I'll figure something out that's for sure.


Now for Steven and I. We are doing great! :)  Couldn't ask for a better guy. We played tennis which was hilarious! I'm not good at all lets just say that much. We spent all day Friday together and ran errands went to the temple, and I had an Institute Activity to help with, and he willingly came with me to help with a bunch of set up for it, and was such a big help. We went and saw Water For Elephants which was so good, but def liked the book more. Then we headed back up to Springdale for our Angels Landing hike the next morning. This next week, we both work a ton and are busy with stuff, and so we wont get to spend much time together, but it's just prep for when he leaves for 17 days to go to New York in July. He leaves in 17 days! Crazy! We are going to Lake Powell right before he leaves! I've never been there, so I'm excited! So things are moving right along. Barf as you may, but I used to be the girl who did everything by herself, totally fine going grocery shopping alone, running errands, getting lunch stuff like that, but now I'd much rather do it all with him.

Oh Institute! So fun! I love my calling. I love the people on council with me. We just have this great bond. I've never worked with such a dedicated and fun group of people. We all share something so special, and bring it together and things run smoothly, and I love it.

I'm missing home a little bit more than usually. I think it's just because I'm not nearly as busy as I usually am, which gives me more thinking time of home. But my mom may come to visit in August. I'm crossing my fingers, because that would be so much fun!! I think I'm still used to the concept of when I'm bored I would just go to the beach..I don't have that option here. Still hasn't sunk in after two years apparently.

So life is great. I count my blessings more and more every day. I can honestly say that when you look at the big picture - at all the great things that are in your life - those things that make you upset, annoyed, and confused seem so much smaller. I read something the other day that made me think. If you complain about spoiled milk, be grateful that you have milk to be spoiled. Or if you're friends are mad at you- be grateful that you have friends. And when you fail a test, be grateful that you have the opportunity to get an education. Just shed a different light on complaining, and the perspective of being a little more grateful for what we have. Definitely something that I can work on.






















Steven and I are reading the New Testament right now, and we just got to Luke, and it's not my first time reading through it, but every time I read something over again, I love how I gain something new that I didn't notice before. I love learning about Christ and his ministry. The many miracles that he performed. And what a testimony it is to me, to see him still working miracles in our lives today. When you read the stories of those who were healed by Him, you can feel that love that He had for others. It's all so incredible to me. He lives. It's as simple as that. I love Him and all that he does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment