Saturday, October 23, 2010

Keeping it real cool

So since the last time I wrote, quite a bit has happened. First of all I've had some awesome experiences this past week. It's been really crazy with school, tutoring at the elementary school, student government and work.

Luke 12:1  In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the Leaven of the Pharisees, Which is hypocrisy.


We talked about the word leaven in my institute class. And what it means, and when relating it to ourselves we decided that a leaven is what we allow to grow within ourselves. Good of bad. And so I thought about some of the things that I need to "fertilize" out of my life, and get out. And grow within myself more good things. 


I observed at an elementary school this week, and it helped me find where I think I will work best in teaching. I'm pretty sure that I will want to teach 1st or 4th grade. I know that a majority of the time you don't get to pick what you want to teach at a school, but I can have a focus, and goal for myself. When all is said and done though, I love kids and I love to teach. No matter what grade I teach I can make some kind of a difference. 


Something else that happened this week was a Stake Relief Society Activity. I was asked to share my thoughts on visiting teaching, and share my testimony. Along with 4 other girls. We all made different points, good ones at that. And when Sister Boyce the RS President got up she was in tears, and expressed that what the four of us has said was what she had prepared on four pages to talk on that night.  It was incredible to see that we all got asked to speak on one subject, hit different areas, but listened to the spirit on what to tell the girls. It was just another testament that the Lord does truly work through us to send a message to others that is important to hear more than once or twice. 


I got my midterm grades for 18 credits I am proud and relieved to say that I have 4 A's and 2 B's!! =] I am excited to get done with everything in the spring. I will apply for the education program then, and cross my fingers that I get in! 


Last night I felt like Cameran Diaz in The Holiday
Start it at 5:15







Reason being..I haven't cried since May. I even try to cry and tears don't come It's kind of annoying because for once I actually want to cry, things get overwhelming sometimes, and its okay to cry twice a year, at least a good cry. I keep saying one more thing happen and I will cry, but one more thing does happen, and do I cry? NOPE!! I don't get it. It's like I don't have tear glads!


But. I lost two people this week that were close to me. One was a neighbor of my grandparents that I would go play with when I was younger, and play with there cat, and in their backyard with some of my friends, and another was Brian's aunt, who was a hoot to be around. Both died for health reasons, lived successful lives, and I know that they are much happier now. 


For the first time since Spring Break of my senior I am getting sick. You should have seen me when I went to the store to get medicine! It was funny. I got everything in the books. I can't get sick. I have too much to do and get done all the time. But maybe it's time I slow down a little bit. Sometimes people will ask me how I do everything..and to be honest I have no idea. I just do. I really cant just sit and do nothing. If I am sitting I'm probably reading, or writing emails to people. That's a way I relax. My mom does that too. 


On that note. I am home sick for the first time in a very long time. My best friends from back home who are at FSU sent me a birthday card that I got yesterday that just made me miss everything about home and friends and stuff. I love it out here, but I miss my friends and my mom a lot. I miss the beach, the sand, the sun, the rainy days, the crazy drivers, because here they drive so freakin slow! I miss the mall. Because the mall here has like 10 stores no joke. I miss the old people that make me frustrated too! And the lifestyle of the people back home. Laid back. Sometimes I wish people here would just take a chill pill on life, and relax a little on the things that they take so seriously. 


Perspective. It's all about perspective. 




All in all things are going great. School is awesome I just have to keep it up for 6 more weeks! Hopefully end the semester with 5 A's and 1 B. And work is awesome, I got a little promotion at the box office, they are letting me work by myself now! And then my second job at the Pasta factory restaurant is going great too! I love the people that I work with they are funny and pretty chill. It's fun to go in, and the time goes by really fast. And I get tips too, so that's kind of what I spend in the week and can save everything else that I earn now to go to Belize and Guatemala next summer! Tutoring at the elementary school is great too. Those kids make my week that much better, and cheer me up. And student government is really slow now that the major stuff is over with. The church is true. 







No comments:

Post a Comment